Need to cook a bunch of veggies from your garden or farmers market? Roasting is one of our favorite dinners.
We like to use whatever vegetables are in season. Last night we did: purple, yellow and red small potatoes, beets, sweet and red onions, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and yellow squash. We also steamed our first homegrown artichoke! All these glorious vegetables made for a healthy and beautiful dinner.
Mike’s Roasted Vegetable Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400
- Wash and cut veggies into bite-sized chunks
- Put veggies in large bowl with chopped, fresh rosemary, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and salt-free Mrs. Dash (or other salt free seasoning)
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss veggies until well coated with oil and herbs. Be generous!
- Place on cookie sheet/glass baking dish (veggies should be in single layer)
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until veggies are soft with browned edges (turn veggies midway through with spatula for more even cooking)
- Serve immediately with brown rice, quinoa or other grain. Bragg amino acid is a wonderful substitute for soy sauce for the rice.
Have another simple recipe for farmers market veggies? Please share!